Traditional Culture Encyclopedia - Traditional customs - History of Xiamen!

History of Xiamen!

cnnj 2005-12-1 04:10

History and Culture of Xiamen

Xiamen is located on the southern coast of Fujian Province, with a longitude of 118°04′04〃 East and a latitude of 24°26′46〃 North, with a land area of more than 1,565.09 square kilometers and a sea area of more than 300 square kilometers. It has six districts: Siming, Huli, Jimei, Haicang, Tong'an and Xiang'an. It is spoken in Minnan dialect.

Jin Taikang three years (282 years) set up Tong'an County, belonging to Jin'an County, later merged into Nan'an County. Tang Zhenyuan nineteen years (803 years) analyzed the southwestern part of Nan'an County to set up Datong field, the Five Dynasties after the Tang Changxing four years (933 years) was promoted to Tong'an County, belonging to Quanzhou. In the Song Dynasty, it belonged to the Qingyuan Army, the Pinghai Navy and Quanzhou. Yuan belonged to Quanzhou Road. In the Ming Dynasty, it belonged to Quanzhou Prefecture. Hongwu twenty years (1387) began to build Xiamen City, Qing Shunzhi seven years (1650) Zheng Chenggong garrison in Xiamen, twelve years (1650) set Siming Prefecture; nineteenth year of the Kangxi (1680) abolished; twenty-three years (1884) set up the Taiwan and Xiamen Military Preparatory Road, the road to the Taiwan government (Yongzheng six years, that is, in 1728, the Taiwan government changed to the Taiwan Road), twenty-five years (1686) to Quanzhou Prefecture, the Tongchi Sub-defense set up hall, Yongzheng five years (1727) Xingquan Road (later Xingquan Yongdao) from Quanzhou moved to Xiamen. Guangxu twenty-ninth year (1903) Gulangyu Island, Xiamen was reduced to "public **** lease", the first year of the Republic of China (1912) in April analyzed the Tongan County, Jiaheli (Xiamen) and Kinmen, large and small Dadeng set Siming County in September, Siming House, the rotary abolition, in 1915, out of the Kinmen, large and small Dadeng set up the county of Kinmen, the same year set the South Road (1914) (renamed Xiamen Road in 1914, abolished in 1925).

In 1933, the "People's Revolutionary Government of the People's Republic of China" (i.e., the "People's Government of Fujian") set up a special city of Xiamen, which was abolished in 1934, Tong'an and Siming counties belonged to the Fifth Administrative Supervisory District (stationed in Tong'an), which was established in April 1935 as a special city of Xiamen and Gulangyu Island. Xiamen and Gulangyu Island and other 7 islands set up Xiamen City, the abolition of Si You County set up Wo Shan special area, and Tongan County with the fourth administrative inspectorate (in Tongan), May 1938 to September 1945 fell, October to restore the establishment of Xiamen City, set up in the center (later changed to the Siming), Kaiyuan, Gulangyu Island, Wo Shan 4 districts. 1949, September, October Tongan County and Xiamen City, liberation of Tongan County belongs to the Fifth Prefecture ( In 1950, Quanzhou Prefecture, Jinjiang Prefecture), Xiamen for the provincial municipality, Xiamen City, set up in October 1950, Kaiyuan, Siming, Gulangyu Island, Xiamen Harbor (later abolished), Wo Shan 5 districts. 1953 Tongan County, Jimei Town, Xiamen City, January 1958, Wo Shan District, was removed to set up a suburb, Tongan County in August from the special area of Jinjiang belongs to the City of Xiamen. 1966, August Kaiyuan, Siming District renamed the Dongfeng, Xiangyang District (renamed in October 1979), Tongan County. In October 1979 to restore the name), in February 1970 Tongan County belongs to the Jinjiang area (area), in June 1973 and then returned to Xiamen City. 1978 set up in September Xinglin District. 1987 additional Huli District, suburb renamed Jimei District. 1997 Tongan County to set up districts. So far, Xiamen City, Gulangyu, Siming, Kaiyuan, Xinglin, Huli, Jimei, Tongan 7 districts.

Approved by the State Council in May 2003, Xiamen City, agreed to adjust part of the administrative division. Adjustment of the main elements include: First, Siming District, Gulangyu District and Kaiyuan District merged into Siming District, the original three districts of the administrative area under the jurisdiction of Siming District. Second, the Xinglin Street Office and Xinglin Town of Xinglin District were transferred to the jurisdiction of Jimei District. Xinglin District was renamed Haicang District. Third, the establishment of Xiang'an District, Tong'an District under the jurisdiction of the new store, new Wei, Ma Xiang, Neicuo, Dadeng 5 towns under the jurisdiction of Xiang'an District. After the adjustment of administrative divisions, Xiamen City, Xiamen City jurisdiction Siming, Huli, Jimei, Haicang, Tong'an and Xiang'an six districts.

cnnj 2005-12-1 04:11

Alias of Xiamen

◎Qingmen

Luo Yin in the late Tang Dynasty wrote a preface to the collection of Mr. Chen in Yingzhou, in which he wrote, "In the spring of the first year of the year (Chen An) told the rest of the (Luo Yin) to the marriage of the constraints of the East to return to the Qingmen." In the ninth year of Emperor Xianzong of the Tang Dynasty (814 A.D.), Chen An once went to Chang'an (present-day Xi'an), and then returned east (Xi'an is the west, Xiamen is the east) to "Qingmen". Qingmen also served as an alias for Xiamen.

Ming Chi Xianfang "climbed to Jimbang Mountain to visit the Tang Chen Xiru hermitage" poem has "wheat wind and rain cold green Castle." Deciphering "Qingbao" as the gateway to the castle, that is, "Qingmen", can be used as a footnote to Chen An's westward journey to Chang'an "eastward return to Qingmen", that is, Xiamen.

◎New City

Qing Shunzhi twelve years, Zheng Chenggong Tong'an ancient city has been in the Shunzhi five years by the Qing soldiers bombarded with artillery, there is no danger to defend, so the demolition of part of the city walls and official offices, houses, move the officials and people into the island of Bengzhou to build a new city. People distinguish between the ancient city of Tong'an and the new city of Bizhou. The new city became synonymous with Tong'an (including Xiamen).

Ji Xianfang's poem, "Deng Gulangyu Island", rhymes with "Zhongcheng" and reads, "Though small, it is also a gateway, so how can I not enter it. The new city is twisting and turning, and the ancient poems are overlooking the prism." The poem describes how he climbed up Gulangyu Island, which is "small but also a gateway", and looked down from the ancient Sunlight Rock to the "Ridgelayer Cave" of Huxi Rock, and opened his eyes to see "the new city with its twists and turns." The new city also refers to the city of Xiamen in general.

Jiaheyu Island

In the Song Dynasty, it was called Jiaheyu Island, and belonged to Jiaheli, Tong'an County, Quanzhou Prefecture.

◎Chidosho and Zhongzosho

The Yuan established the "Chidosho", the Ming "Zhongzosho", an administrative organization, as a synonym for Xiamen. According to the "Art and Culture", "Wuzhou and Jiahe, the defense of Quannan are also". "Wuzhou a piece of land, in the sea of Zhongzuozhuo, Zhongzuo gateway also." "Zhongzuo, Tongan outside the household."

◎ Siming

Qing Shunzhi twelve years, Zheng Chenggong according to Xiamen set up "Siming state", the Republic of China in the first year of the change to set up "Siming County", separated from the Tong'an County independent, rose to "Siming House", two years abolition of the government, "Siming County", "Siming County", "Siming County", "Siming County", "Siming County", "Siming County" and "Siming County". ", two years after the abolition of the government is still the county. Although the state, county, government is also an administrative organization, to this day, "Siming" is still the road.

◎ Peachland

According to the Republic of Xiamen City Records, "Xiamen Island, such as peach-shaped", the famous "small peach", the Ministry of Public Works Bureau of the era of Gulangyu Island, "the paradise of the world! Gulangyu Island was called "the paradise of the world" during the Ministry of Public Works era. "Peach Blossom Garden" nickname, in today's Xiamen is not "Peach Blossom Garden" of fantasy, but the "Garden of the Sea" reality.

◎ "Heron Island", "Heron Gate", "Heron River"

"Heron Island", "Heron Gate" and "Heron River", on the other hand, are called from the topography, the name of the river, and the birds and animals.

cnnj 2005-12-1 04:11

The ins and outs of "Xiamen"

"Gate" is a common name for a place. River into the sea at the cliffs of the place, the ancient boat households, fishermen figuratively called the objective existence of the door. Guangdong Pearl River estuary has a "Humen", the Special Administrative Region has a "Macao", Fujian Minjiang River estuary has a "long door", "five tiger gate ", Zhangzhou Jiulong River into the sea there is "Haimen", "Haomen", in addition to the "Golden Gate", "Shimen There are also "Golden Gate", "Lower Gate" and so on. The "lower gate" is the earliest common name for "Xiamen".

"Down" and "Tiger", "Australia", "long", "Hai", "Jin", "Hao" is the special name of the ground me. Its meaning is also visualized.

Zhangxia, Fujian, for example: "Haimen" in the Jiulong River into the sea area of Xiamen Harbor; "Haomen" in the northeast of Haimen ("Ming Dynasty"). According to the directions, it was the area around the present Yuzaiwei. There is a village called "Shi Hou", which is now the terminal of the passenger ship from Xiamen to Yuzaiwei. The word "Hou" is called "Tou" or "Gu" in Southern Min dialects, and the Dictionary explains the word "Hao" as follows "moat". The Dictionary explains the word "moat" as "moat", so that the pronunciation of the word "protect" still has traces of the word "hao" and the harmonization of the word "hou". The "Haimen: down to Gulangyu Island and Xiamen Island, which is the passageway for the tide of the sea to enter and exit, like the gate where the water of the Protector River enters and exits, is the "Haomen" (Gate of Hao). "The gate below Hao Men is called Shimen (下門). Haimen, Haomen, these two doors were not named in the Ming Dynasty, and Xiamen was also named in the early Ming Dynasty, before the city was built in the 27th year of the Ming Dynasty Hongwu.

Qing Daoyun "Xiamen Zhi - Preface" said: "Xiamen at the turn of Quanzhang, the key to Taiwan, for the Southeast Gateway ......" "Xiamen Zhi - Situation" said: "Jinxia is particularly dangerous, the gateway to defense. " They say that Xiamen is the "gateway".

"Xiamen" and "under", in southern Fujian Province, no paper reading or white reading, the sound of the voice, rhyme, tone are the same. Therefore, Xiamen "Xiamen" is evolved from "down"; from "down door" to "Xiamen", is the literati The elegant.

People are accustomed to the north called "on", the south called "down"; Minnan people are also accustomed to the north called "north top (on) people"; the south called "down south people". The people of southern Fujian also used to call the northerners "north top (upper) people"; and the southerners "lower south people". Connecting the "door" as a gateway, it can be said that "Xiamen" is the "gateway to the sea in southern Fujian", which is more than the general term "the door of the building" or "the door of China". "or" Huaxia door ", more specific, precise interpretation.

In short, the "lower door" elegantly "Xiamen", as early as the early Ming Dynasty named, rather than the end of the Hongwu. Zhou Dexing built the city, but it is just used.

cnnj 2005-12-1 04:12

The four major architectural styles of Xiamen

The four major architectural styles of Xiamen

Xiamen's architectural style is unique and full of charisma, both rich regional characteristics, but also has a heavy cultural heritage. If the red brick houses, "Jiageng style" building contains the depth of Chinese culture, then Gulangyu Island's continental architecture and Xiamen's Riding Staircase, reflecting the glory of exotic architectural styles.

First, continental architecture

On Gulangyu Island ferry terminal, along the top of Deer Reef - Fujian Road - Deer Reef Road - Fuxing Road, folding Zhangzhou Road, which is the preferred route; the second is from Shake Rock Road, the second is from the top of Deer Reef Road. the preferred route; the second is from Shaking Rock Road - Penjianshan Top, turning into Anhai Road - Gulxin Road. These two routes can be viewed Gulangyu Island's representative continental architecture.

The British Consulate, built in 1844 and 1870, has been demolished, and the newly built building does not have the flavor of the original, and when you pass it, you can only make a historical review. After passing through the Japanese Consulate, which is modeled after the British building, and the Japanese Police Station, which is an Oriental-style building, you will come to the Gothic-style building, the Catholic Church, whose pointed art is very individual and worth seeing.

Walk out of the Catholic Church, turn left is Rongyuan Hall, which is a Roman columns support, European style dominated by the boutique villa, its third floor and the Chinese architectural thinking, and elegant garden harmony, very durable, quite worthy of play. Across the street is the "Haitian paradise structure", five villas each show its own style, the center building and the two sides of the villa is the most beautiful. The center building is a traditional hiatus roof, but the main body is European style, the combination of Chinese and Western quite distinctive, especially in the ridge under the algal well is more beautiful; the two sides of the Baroque and Chinese classical art combined with the decorations, is also very beautiful.

The octagonal building where Lin Erjia lives is a southern European building with Baroque flavor, and there are many stories that must be savored. Li Qingquan villa at the foot of the flag-raising hill, the building is luxurious and modern, the garden is spacious and quiet, is the ideal place for home, don't be confused by the gate on the "Ronggu" two words, that is "Banyan Valley" mistakes, because the villa is built in the valley of the ancient banyan.

Walking to the west end of Fuxing Road, there are two Victorian-style white villas in the green bushes, that is, the villa of the founder of bioprinting in Fujian, Baidenbil, although the appearance is old, but still do not lose the charm of the year, and the villa in the many characters and stories never get tired of hearing.

After the Bai villa, we turned to Zhangzhou Road to see the bridal chamber of Lin Yutang and Liao Chui-feng. The Liao family villa is an old villa on Gulangyu Island with many anecdotes about Lin Yutang, the great master of Chinese literature, which is enough to enhance the interest of the tour.

When called "China's first villa" in the Huang family garden building, this British-style luxury villa with Southeast Asian charm, look at it that up and down the left and right with the nanmu decoration of the hall, as well as the hall is worth 100,000 yuan after the Italian marble staircase, enough to be breathtaking, not to mention that the chic back porch and the purposefully built The first is the back porch and the specially built rooftop.

Out of the Huang family garden, along the way to view the folding roof of the Lin house, and later to the top of Penjia Hill, the top of the year was used as a "trial of the public hall" of the two villas, has become a dangerous house of Lin Wenqing villa, full of wild vines seem to have a principal's silhouette! To the north is the spring grass, colorful building and Xu family villa. Spring Cao Hall is a combination of Chinese and Western home building, exceptionally warm, Xu family villa Department of eclectic style, solemn and elegant, that rose-red walls can still be heard at the back of the Xu family of four Jie's piano. Guan Cai Lou is the most personalized, it has a strong Dutch style, the main point of view is the rope-like doorposts, musketeer-faced window lintels and back-arc type of the third floor, fully demonstrating the beauty of its architectural art.

Descending from the stone steps on the right side of Guan Cai Lou, it is Yizhu Mountain Resort. Here there is the most beautiful and tallest European-style gatehouse of the whole drum, and there are baroque photo walls and flower beds on the transition path, which make people unforgettable. And then follow the path to Fanpalou and Xiyou Xiaozhu on Anhai Road. The colorful dress of Fanba Lou has a Rococo flavor, and the "five-legged gas" promenade is a Southeast Asian style, but its attraction is still in front of the building of Fanba singing opera stage and the door to see the blessing of the door to see the blessing of the door out also to see the blessing of the gate tower. Do not underestimate the Western European small building, its age is quite high, is a work of the mid-19th century, when the shape of the building, decorative materials and even wall painting colors, etc., as always, to maintain the original color, the style remains the same, is a rare glimpse of the Victorian era of the home villa, where it passes by the side of the Europeans, all stop to take photographs to remember, do not want to leave, it can be said that it is a Gulangyu Island villa in the treasure of the treasure.

Along the curved alley, a turn is Yangjia, *** there are five villas, are quite advanced, which "Zhongquan building" of the European window is the most beautiful, the window pane, window cover, lintel are very artistic, a brief glimpse can leave a deep memory, its water supply system is also unforgettable.

The last view is the gossip building, it is the largest villa in the drum, is a representative of modern architecture in Xiamen, unique shape, the red dome is the most attractive, it is the world's oldest imitation of the Islamic Church stone house dome and the construction of the dome, proudly vaulted, and has become a symbol of Gulangyu Island and the giant ships in and out of the harbor.

Second, the riding building

The riding building, in southern China and Southeast Asia cities, everywhere, is a major feature of the region and the city. 1920, Xiamen Municipal Council in the planning and construction of Xiamen's new city center, the riding building as the main form of the market.

These street merchants, business stores connected to the riding floor, upstairs living, domestic, commercial and public use into one. To 1932, the new city constructed four horizontal (Kaiyuan Road, Datong Road, Siming West Road, Zhongshan Road) a vertical (Siming North-South Road) for the framework of the pattern, until 1980 Xiamen for the Special Economic Zone, after this framework was broken. Riding buildings for the people of Xiamen for sixty years, leaving an indelible mark in the hearts of Xiamen people. Today, Xiamen City, although the expansion of several times, when the new city into the "old city", and the newly built city and then did not build the Riding House-style market, but people still miss the Riding House, because the Riding House to the people's life has brought too much warmth and benefits, it is difficult to give up!

To the riding downstairs, find an acquaintance, set up a small coffee table on the spot, bubble tea, chatting up the sky, said a lot of Gulangyu villa people and things. At this moment, people and people zero distance, cozy and natural, performance of Xiamen's geographical and humanistic advantages, which is not seen in the northern market is also impossible to see. Three rounds of oolong tea down, fatigue suddenly disappeared, refreshed, light steps back to the residence.

Walking in the store on the Riding House are open to you, any selection, the agreement on the deal, do not agree to turn around and leave, the formation of a kind of casual tacit understanding, no one to say anything to you, reflecting the kind of mutual trust between man and man.

In the rainy and stormy seasons, the building blocked the wind and rain for pedestrians; hot sun nine summer, and the building blocked the sun and summer for pedestrians. In the 1950s, Chiang's airplanes came to visit every day, and from time to time they shot a string of guns and laid an "egg" and left. Smart Xiamen people, the corridor of the building connected to the columns, built into the chest wall, "five feet gas" into a "wide trench", business as usual business, pedestrians as usual shopping price, the building became a safe harbor credit!

Today's ride, still a strong sense of business, warmth. Sometimes it is still a place for tea and wind, friends with tea, eating cakes, as if no one else, but also looked at the pedestrians hurrying past, until the lights, stood up and said thank you, to fatigue, pretending to be cozy, shaking hands and go. Riding the building, became a new era of socializing and socializing place.

Because of this, many businesses recognize the business opportunities under the building, the many commodities moved to the side of the building, beckoning, yelling, applauding, trial, a thousand ways, lively, "five feet gas" in the business atmosphere is very strong, long and unfailing, performance of today's Xiamen, a landscape, but also constitutes a characteristic of the times! The protection of the Riding House, is not to protect the Xiamen people a mood, a culture?

cnnj 2005-12-1 04:13

The four major architectural styles of Xiamen

Three, red brick dwellings

The red brick dwellings are China's most beautiful dwellings, is the treasure left to us by the ancestors.

Architecture, can interpret the historical evolution of a city. We came to the Haicang Management Committee, the first thing we saw was the neat and beautiful small high-rise buildings, so that we read out the footsteps of the development of Haicang, read out the Haicang people cohesion of wisdom and strength. Because a few years ago, this is still the "Shitang brigade" of the countryside, the road across the hillside ponds scattered with red brick dwellings and granite stone houses, but now it is a straight road, a bustling commercial street.

Our eyes follow the footsteps of the development of Haicang, to find its footprints.

We stood in the patio of the "Liantang Villa" created by the Chen family in Lianhuazhou, and were amazed by the architecture in front of us, the scale of the villa and the artistic legacy, is definitely the top of Fujian. The villa was originally run by the Chen family secondary school, there are three stages in the patio, after the agricultural vacation, the stage performs rural community theater, blessing the harvest. The theater around the wainscoting, inlaid with Fujian's most exquisite, the area of the most enormous brick carving group, that "hundred gardens", "hundred beasts garden" and ink landscape carving splicing, can be said to be a masterpiece.

From the gossip gate, corridors, protect Alcove folded to the back garden, lotus stamen in the octagonal Pavilion has not survived, standing in the stamen, but can be seen in the Chinese rural villages, family settlements in a complete standard system: home, education and worship of the three elements. All rural villages have a good living environment, places to carry out education and ancestor worship temple, Lotus Chau, these three elements according to their respective directions, harmonious match. Living in the east, education to the south, the clan temple to the west, surrounded by a lotus stamen, is really the ideal place of good fortune (Lotus Point, the four directions are good). Home for the three fall double curved swallowtail and saddle protection of the red brick house, in the blue sky and white clouds, blue water and grass, appear to be extraordinarily comfortable; Liantang Middle School environment is quiet, is a good place to read; family temple Wan in the Hall for the two fall red brick house, is the Chen family ancestor worship place, the three skillfully combined together, each with its own direction, the conception of the strange, so that the viewer can not enjoy the beauty of it.

With a good impression of Lianhua Chau, we went to Sin Aun.

Sin Aun was once known as Sin Kang. During the Song and Yuan dynasties, the Sinh Yuan clan migrated to Sin Aun to avoid the war. They chose to live by the waterfront of Malang Bay and the feng shui of Choi Tiam Mei Shan, and worked hard to start their own business, multiplied their descendants, and some of them went to the overseas countries to make a living, and they were talented for thousands of years. The combination of beliefs, marriage customs, festivals and food customs of the Central Plains clans and the Southern Fujian region has resulted in culturally profound folklore and cuisine with excellent taste. No matter which part of the village you go to in the east, south, west and north, you will be attracted by the well-preserved, high raised swallow tail, the steady and thick saddle roof ridge, and be impressed by the red brick houses created by the hardworking and brave ancestors here.

There are so many red-brick houses in Sin Aun, but once you have seen the triple house built by Khoo Sin San San, a salt merchant residing in Myanmar, the grand scale of the Big Six, the triple-decked house built by the family of Khoo Swee Meng in Huay Chor, the four-decked house of the double-decked house of Khoo Bean Yuen, an extraordinary man from Sin Chew, as well as the clan temple, Yee Kok Tong, which was built in the Ming Dynasty, you would have the concept of Sin Aun's red-brick houses engraved on your mind and want to go there every chance to see it! I would like to go back to Sin Aun every chance I get.

The scale of the red-brick houses in Sin Aun is unique in the province, and the architectural, cultural and artistic arts contained therein are very profound. Walking along the alleys, one can see the beauty of the many swallow-tailed ridges converging under the blue sky, which can never be seen in the city. One can also see the various forms of bricklaying craftsmanship created by the craftsmen and the ingenious combination of bricks and stones, as well as the wells of sun, moon and dragon and tiger between the triple houses, quadruple houses, "Mega Houses" and the guardian houses, and in particular, the blooming of hundreds of flowers to bring good fortune and prolong the life of the people, Nafu to avoid evil spirits, a thousand hanging fish ornaments, as well as exquisite, glittering dazzling gilded, gilded, decorated with gold of all kinds of wood carvings, hanging down, shrines, arch, sparrow for the beam square, the moon plate, cover, and endless hand-engraved stone carving crafts, the counter feet of the platform Tsuen, wainscot, holding up the whole red-brick residence.

It can be said that a trip to Haicang and Sin Aun is definitely a high-class artistic enjoyment. If you still think it is not enough, you should further explore the stories of the owners of these red-brick houses, and learn the philosophy of life from the hardships of their entrepreneurial endeavors, in order to heal the deficiencies of the soul and promote the soundness of the mind.

Fourth, "Jiageng style" building

"Jiageng style" building mainly gathered in Jimei and Xiamen University.

Mr. Chen Jiageng 22 years in the South China Sea, personally experienced the bullying and oppression of the imperialist colonialists, tasted the taste of foreign condescension, the depths of the soul was greatly traumatized. When he had the capital to resist the colonizers, it would naturally be reflected in his behavior. 1920 onwards, he invented the Minnan swallowtail ridge, saddle ridge and the traditional Chinese hermetic roof, pressed on the Western building to show the Chinese self-esteem, his long-suppressed mood was cathartic, so as to get the pleasure of lifting eyebrows and letting off steam. This is "wearing a suit, wearing a hat" of "Jiageng style" building psychological characteristics. This is unique in Xiamen, so far no one across.

"Jiageng style" building, close to see the beauty of the distance to see more beautiful, the more you look at the more beautiful. You may wish to rest on the south bank of the Dragon Boat Pond, choose the visual angle of breadth, sitting leisurely under the wooden flaxseed, looking across the road to the South Tower, Nanfeng building, like a group of beautiful women dressed in the most beautiful beauty, glittering in the blue sky, the pool reflection like a lotus flower into the water, along with the egret point wave ripples, the building shadow, if connected to if not, as if countless colorful dance in the water, the beauty of the indescribable, as if the Yaochi fairyland!

Looking south, Mr. Heshan actually decorated the top of the liberation monument, standing proudly in the sea and sky, solemn and majestic, which I am afraid is the only monument of this shape in China.

Approaching the Road South Building, and it zero distance contact, that corner, that column, that love, everywhere showed Mr. Chen's unique thinking. He took advantage of Xiamen colored granite, the ancient out of the brick into the stone process to the extreme. You see, the corner of the wall with the corner of the wall with the corner of the wall, the column face with the column face of the splicing, the wall with the wall of the wall with the fancy, showing the incomparable beauty of granite, half a century later, who can surpass it today? When you can not help but touch these crafts, the heart suddenly rose to Mr. respect, suddenly feel the "Jiageng style" architecture of the infinite charm, can not bear to leave.

Along the seven-star pool to the west, to the Overseas Chinese Complementary School (formerly Water Resources Business), only to see the green glaze, red tile roof connected to a piece of green glaze, deep and stable, large red tile (Jiageng tile) colorful and cheerful, reflecting each other, in the Xiamen Bridge under the backdrop, it seems to have touched the wheels of its history, and thoughts with the bridge on the north-south vehicles speeding away!

Especially the green glazed roof of the six reaching for the blue sky swallowtail ridge, does not mean that Mr. Chen dared to be the first creative spirit? Throughout Xiamen, Minnan, Taiwan's red-brick house, only two or four swallow tail, but Mr. Chen built the building has six swallow tail, two-way soar, dynamic and beautiful. From this point of view, Mr. Chen's pioneering spirit is quite a descendant of serious thinking and learning!

Walked through the Jimei school village of each building, each street, at all times and everywhere can feel the presence of Mr. Chen Jiageng, which left us this valuable wealth, whether it is spiritual or architectural, are very heavy, we, as well as future generations can not enjoy.