Traditional Culture Encyclopedia - Traditional festivals - The bright century of Xingtai Eye Hospital

The bright century of Xingtai Eye Hospital

After a hundred years of wind and rain, the grand gathering of the century is brilliant. From 1904 Catholic eye clinic to 1946+00 shiny new brand, this prestigious professional eye hospital was born in the late Qing Dynasty and the early Republic of China. Although the leadership team has changed one crop after another and the personnel have come one crop after another, they have always adhered to their predecessors. Accumulate steps, reach thousands of miles, and achieve great things. One hundred years have passed quickly. Xingtai Eye Hospital, which enjoys a good reputation in China, has made positive contributions to the revitalization of ophthalmology in New China and built a solid medical barrier for the health of eye patients. In the course of a long century's development, although there are few earth-shattering moves, there are many fresh things. From its progress, we have seen the tenacity and persistence of people in Xingtai Eye Hospital, and we are more delighted to hear its strong voice of advancing with the times and the deafening horn of self-improvement. It defines the highest level of development as "patient-centered, creating a hospital with high quality service and integrity".

Xingtai Eye Hospital is located in the northeast corner of Xingtai City, with Shunde Road in front and Beichang Street in the back. As early as the liberation war, it was famous in Shanxi, Hebei, Shandong, Henan, Beijing and Tianjin, and patients from Xinjiang, Hainan Island and Heilongjiang came to the hospital for medical treatment. Therefore, it is of certain educational significance to review the establishment and development of Xingtai Eye Hospital and understand its contribution to the medical field in our province. 1904 Established Dao Ji Eye Clinic in Shunde Catholic Church, focusing on the treatment of eye diseases.

19 10 was renamed Shunde mercy hospital.

From 65438 to 0929, Polish priest Xuan Weiren came from Brazil to work in Shunde Catholic Hospital on the orders of the Pope.

1932 officially expanded into Shunde Catholic Hospital. In the same year, Polish nun Kim was ordered by the Pope to be the director of the Catholic Hospital.

From 65438 to 0934, Catholic churches in nine counties under the jurisdiction of Shunde Prefecture successively set up clinics presided over by nuns and maintained medical contact with Catholic hospitals.

65438-0935 Beijing Central Hospital opened ophthalmology, got in touch with Shunde government public hospital, and sent people to Shunde government public hospital to study ophthalmology technology.

1937 Beijing central hospital invited Dr. Xuan from Shunde government public hospital to teach ophthalmology technology.

1938, Shunde government public hospital was expanded to become a specialized hospital with an area of 15 mu and houses 190, which is famous in North China and broadcast nationwide.

1939 set up an optical room and began optometry.

1945, Xingtai was liberated on September 24th, and Xingtai City was established. The municipal government issued a decree to protect Catholic hospitals.

1March, 946, Shanxi-Hebei-Shandong-Henan Military Region moved to Xingtai. The Ministry of Health of the Military Region moved to Beiguan, Xingtai, and the Ministry of Health sent people to Catholic hospitals to study ophthalmology technology.

/kloc-in the winter of 0/946, the Ministry of Health of the Shanxi-Hebei-Shandong-Henan Military Region came forward, and the North China Bureau allocated 20 million yuan to buy Shunde official Catholic Hospital.

On June1947,65438+10/8, the former Catholic hospital was officially renamed Xingtai Eye Hospital, and a grand opening ceremony was held.

Minister Qian Xinzhong personally wrote a plaque for Xingtai Eye Hospital, which read "Preventing Blindness, Eliminating Suffering and Saving People".

65438-0949, Xingtai Eye Hospital was renamed "People's Eye Hospital of Hebei Province", which was affiliated to the Health Department of Hebei Province, with Comrade Xu Xiaoqing as the president.

From 65438 to 0953, Comrade Yin became the president of Hebei People's Eye Hospital (Xingtai Eye Hospital).

65438-0954 Xingtai Eye Hospital successfully transplanted cornea.

1956, renamed as "Xingtai Eye Hospital of Hebei Province", which belongs to local jurisdiction.

1957 Hospital established the Department of Otolaryngology, and gradually developed into an otorhinolaryngology hospital focusing on ophthalmology.

65438-0959, Xingtai Eye Hospital carried out intraocular foreign body surgery again, and the removal rate of magnetic foreign body in the ball reached 96.5%, which was well received by ophthalmology.

1976, renamed Xingtai Eye Hospital.

1993, renamed as Xingtai Eye Hospital.